Broccoli is a fantastic prenatal vitamin source! This soup provides vitamin C and B as well as being a delicious addition to your healthy pregnancy diet!
This delicious and simple soup is on the table in less than half an hour. Serve with plenty of buttered toast or seedy bread. Broccoli is an excellent addition to your diet during pregnancy – it’s a good source of calcium and is packed with Vitamin C, folate, and Vitamin B6.
1 tbsp olive oil
1 Garlic clove, peeled and chopped
1 small onion chopped
250ml / 8¾fl oz chicken or vegetable stock (add extra if needed!)
200g/7oz broccoli florets
salt and pepper
generous spoon of cream cheese
drizzle cream to serve
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and sauté the onions and garlic for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour the chicken or vegetable stock into the pan and add the broccoli florets.
- Bring to the boil and reduce the heat and simmer gently for 10-12 minutes, until the broccoli is tender.
- Season to taste, then blend until smooth.
- Add the cream cheese and heat through without boiling until the cheese has melted into the soup and you have a rich creamy texture.
- Ladle the soup into serving bowls and sprinkle with finely chopped parsley or shavings of parmesan cheese.
FittaMamma tip: Philadelphia style cream cheese is fine to eat during pregnancy – it’s mould ripened creamy cheese you should avoid.
Style your awesome pregnant curves!
You and your baby bump deserve to look fabulous (and feel supported) – shop right now! 🏃♀️