Need a dinner packed with essential prenatal vitamins that’s also SUPER tasty? This is it! Stuffed chicken breast with spinach, perfect for your healthy pregnancy diet!
Looking for a supper dish that looks impressive, is easy to prepare and ticks lots of boxes for pregnancy nutrition? Chicken breast is an excellent source of protein with minimal fat – stuff it with mozzarella cheese and sun dried tomatoes for this delicious and colourful dish.
Serve with roasted butternut squash and wilted spinach. Butternut squash is crammed with Vitamin A as well as a whole host of other essential minerals and vitamins including Vitamin B, zinc, calcium and potassium. It’s also a good source of fibre (super important to include in your pregnancy diet to keep everything moving along nicely!). Iron is important for pregnant women and dark green leafy veggies, such as spinach are an excellent source.
1 chicken breast
½ mozzarella cheese
3-4 sun dried tomatoes (use the ones preserved in oil)
Mixed dried herbs
½ butternut squash
A generous handful of baby spinach leaves (go large, they’re so good for you!)
Salt, pepper and paprika to taste
A spoonful of olive oil
- Heat the oven to 1800C or 3500F
- Cut a slit in the chicken breast along one edge to form a generous pocket. Fill the pocket with the sliced mozzarella cheese and the roughly chopped tomatoes. Close up the edge and secure with 2 or 3 cocktail sticks.
- Place in a suitable roasting dish, drizzle over a little of the oil from the tomatoes.Add salt and pepper to taste a sprinkling on mixed dried herbs. Cover with tin foil and cook for approx 35 -45 minutes (depending on the size of the breasts) until the chicken is cooked and the juices run clear.
- Meanwhile peel the butternut squash and cut into thick slices. Remove the seeds. Place on a lightly oiled baking tray and flip the slices so they are very lightly oiled on both sides. Dust with paprika and a sprinkling of salt and pepper to taste. Roast in the oven until soft and gently browned.
- When the chicken and butternut slices are ready to serve put to one side and keep warm.
- Wash and shake the spinach. Wilt the leaves by briefly heating them in a pan until they soften.
- Cut the chicken breasts into thick slices and serve on top of the wilted spinach leaves, accompanied by slices of roasted butternut squash.
Stay active in style!
Shop maternity exercise clothes specifically designed for an active pregnancy 🏃♀️