Healthy pregnancy: Chicken Waldorf Salad
Trying to eat all your pregnancy vitamins and wondering what to eat when pregnant? Try this chicken Waldorf salad; packed with nutrients and delicious!
It’s so easy to turn a simple Waldorf Salad into a perfect healthy meal packed with prenatal vitamins! The addition of chicken gives you essential protein – which is key to your baby’s growth and development. Aim for two-three portions of protein every day as part of your healthy pregnancy diet.
2 chicken breasts
2 little gem lettuces, shredded
4 sticks of celery, chopped
2 crisp apples, chopped into 1cm chunks
1 heaped tbsp of raisins
1 heaped tbsp of chopped walnuts
2 tbsps of good quality mayonnaise
1 tbsp of natural yogurt
Freshly ground black pepper
½ pint of chicken stock
Generous sprinkle of tarragon
- Sprinkle the tarragon on the chicken breasts. Bring the chicken stock to the boil, reduce the heat and poach the chicken breasts gently for 6-12 minutes until they are cooked through. The cooking time will depend on the size of the breasts, make sure they are thoroughly cooked but still tender. Allow to cool.
- Soak the raisins in hot water for an hour to allow them to soften and plump up.
- Mix the celery, apples, raisins and walnuts together. Add the mayonnaise and the yogurt and mix well.
- Put the shredded lettuce in a bowl and top with the Waldorf mixture. Cut the chicken breasts into slices and arrange on top.
- Serve with new potatoes and crusty French bread.
Stay active in style!
Shop maternity exercise clothes specifically designed for an active pregnancy 🏃♀️