It can be hard to maintain your pregnancy workouts in the 3rd trimester so we have developed these pregnancy exercises to keep your fit pregnancy going!
Even when your bump gets bigger there’s no reason to stop exercising – listen to your body to make sure you don’t overdo it!
Aim to do each exercise for one minute and go through the whole routine twice – or do two minutes of each exercise and do the whole routine once.
1.Begin with your feet apart; just a tad more than shoulder width and your arms out at right angles but bent at the elbow, so that your fists are in front of your chest.
2. Step to the right. Whilst doing so open out your arms.
3. When your feet meet back together, bend your arms again so that you return to your starting position
Always warm up before exercise, this is easy cardio to add to your pregnancy workout routine, follow with focus on arms, legs and core muscles!
Strong wide marching
1. Begin with your feet a little more than shoulder width apart.
2. Lift your feet alternately off of the ground in a marching motion. Remember to keep your feet no less than shoulder width apart.
3. Move your arms in time with your feet and remember to keep them strong!
Alternate heels to bottom
1.Begin with your feet shoulder width apart. Hold your arms out straight in front of you, lift one leg off the ground briefly and touch your heel to your bottom.
2. As you left your leg off the ground move your arms to the side.
Twist side to side
1. Begin with your feet together, facing forwards
2. Stretch your arms out wide, then bend them inwards so that your fists are in front of your chest. Hold them in this position
3. Jump, but as you do so twist your body so that your toes face the opposite way to your arms. Try to keep your face and torso facing as forwards as possible
Low side to side lunge
1. Begin with your feet apart; just a little more than shoulder-width and face forwards.
2. Dip down low and curl you arms upwards, as if you were lifting weights as you transfer your weight to one side of your body.
3. Alternate and repeat
Forward heel digs
1. Stand with your feet shoulder width apart.
2. Bend one knee whilst stretching one leg in front of you, resting your heel on the ground with your toes pointing upwards.
3. As you do this, curl both arms upwards towards your chest.
Strong march with knees up
This is like a slowed down jog on the spot, however remember to keep your knees up high and your arms strong. If it helps, imagine that you are going to touch your knee to your elbow every time you lift up your leg!
Lunge back with alternate legs
1. Begin with your feet flat on the ground and shoulder width apart.
2. Step one foot backwards, so that you are in a lunging position without moving forwards.
3. As you step backwards, punch out your arm.
4. Then bring your foot forwards, so that it is next to your other foot and you have returned to your starting position. Whilst doing this, return your arms to their starting position also.
1.Begin with your feet flat on the ground and shoulder width apart. Hold your arms down by your sides
2.Step to the right. Whilst doing so raise your arms above your head. When your feet meet back together your hands should clap together
3.Now step back to the left, bringing your arms back down to your sides
Gym workouts or home workouts – choose activewear designed for pregnancy!
You deserve to look good and feel great mamma! Supportive Maternity Sportswear to keep you training together 💪🤰