Healthy pregnancy snack: mushroom pate
Need a tasty, healthy pregnancy snack? Mushroom pate is full of prenatal nutrients and zinc; eat with raw veg for perfect addition to your pregnancy diet!
Commercially produced pate is on the ‘foods to avoid when pregnant‘ list, as it’s a potential source of listeria – but that doesn’t stop you making your own pate! Mushrooms contain many healthy nutrients for pregnant women including zinc, which is important for normal fetal development. Best of all this mushroom pate recipe is super easy to make and tastes delicious.
225 gms mushrooms (chestnut are ideal)
1 medium onion (red or white – they both work well!)
1 large clove of garlic
1 tbsp butter
200 gms of cream cheese
Handful of chopped parsley
Salt and pepper
Heaped teaspoon of freshly grated parmesan
- Finely chop the onion and garlic and gently fry in the butter until they soften. Wash and finely chop the mushrooms and add them to the pan. Cook until soft.
- Put the mushroom and onion mixture into a blender with the cream cheese, roughly chopped parsley and parmesan.
- Blend, add salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste.
- Put into a dish and chill for an hour
- Serve with savoury biscuits, French bread or fresh granary loaf
Stay active in style!
Shop maternity exercise clothes specifically designed for an active pregnancy 🏃♀️