Try this healthy pregnancy soup recipe for a protein rich meal that will keep you full while ensuring you enjoy your essential prenatal vitamins
This delicious soup is easy to prepare and makes a robust and sustaining lunch. If you’re monitoring your pregnancy diet it contains milk to contribute to your calcium intake, fish to boost your lean pregnancy protein and the fresh sweetcorn is a great source of fibre.
2 tbsp oil (sunflower or similar)
1 medium onion, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
400gms of potatoes, peeled and diced
2 corn cobs, kernels removed
200 g natural uncooked smoked haddock
1 small red chilli (optional) finely chopped
500ml fish or vegetable stock
- Heat the oil in a large pan and gently fry the onions until soft. Add the pepper and chilli (if using) and fry for 2-3 minutes longer.
- Add the potatoes, sweetcorn and stock and bring to the boil.
- Simmer until the potatoes and corn are tender (about 10-15 minutes).
- In the meantime, poach the haddock gently in the milk (about 5 mins). Remove the haddock from the milk and flake the fish, discarding the skin.
- You might prefer to blend the soup at this stage – but don’t go too smooth, this soup should retain some texture.
- Add the fish and the milk to the soup and reheat, simmering for a few minutes so the flavours blend.
Add a dollop of crème fraiche and some chopped parsley to garnish
Use tinned or frozen corn if the fresh corn is unavailable
Souper supportive sportswear!
Gorgeous maternity fitnesswear designed to support your pregnant curves – buy yours now!