Looking for a tasty lunch option for your pregnancy diet? This delicious soup recipe is packed with vitamin C and dietary fibre for a healthy pregnancy!
This soup is made with nutrition power house sweet potatoes, they are rich in vitamin C and provide an abundance of Vitamin A – which helps body tissue repair itself and aids cell growth. They are also a good source of dietary fibre and help to maintain a steady blood sugar level. This recipe also contains ginger which can help ease pregnancy nausea and is delicious!
1 tbsp groundnut oil
1 onion, peeled and diced
1 garlic clove, crushed
1.25cm/½in piece fresh ginger, peeled
675g/1½lb sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
1 tbsp lemongrass, chopped
570ml/1 pint vegetable stock
570ml/1 pint coconut cream
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 limes, zest and juice
Few slices of chilli to garnish
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and gently fry the onion, garlic and ginger for about 5 minutes until tender. Add the sweet potatoes and lemongrass and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Add the stock and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the coconut cream and blend.
- Heat through without allowing the soup to boil. Simmer for a few minutes to allow the flavours to develop. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the lime juice and enjoy!
Souper supportive sportswear!
Gorgeous maternity fitnesswear designed to support your pregnant curves – take a look now!