Healthy Chocolate & Banana cake
Delicious sugar-free chocolate and banana cake for when you’re craving a sweet treat! Super easy and make and perfect for the whole family.
A delicious healthy pregnancy treat – this cake gets its sweetness from the bananas and a modest amount of honey.
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup natural Greek yogurt
1/3 cup honey
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 ½ cups self-raising flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup good quality dark chocolate roughly chopped
Chocolate chips for sprinkling on top (optional)
Small amount of coconut oil for greasing the baking tin
- Preheat the oven to 350º F / 180 ºC
- Use the coconut oil to grease the baking tin
- Combine the bananas, Greek yogurt, honey, vanilla, and peanut butter in a food processor (or use a large bowl and a hand blender). Blend until smooth, 1-2 minutes.
- Add the egg and mix well
- Sieve together the flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda and fold into the mixture
- Add the grated chocolate and mix well.
- Pour the cake into the prepared tin. Sprinkle addition chocolate chips on top of the cake.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes and test with a skewer. It should come out clean (although we actually like this one slightly gooey in the centre!)
Cool and eat or serve warm with an extra dollop of Greek yogurt.
You’ll go bananas for this maternity workout gear!
Staying active is good for you AND your baby. Treat yourself to supportive maternity fitwear
Healthy Chocolate Brownies
A little chocolatey indulgence without compromising your pregnancy diet… The secret ingredients give a great healthy energy boost and protein kick!
We tested this recipe on many willing recipients and nobody guessed the secret, oh-so-virtuous ingredient – lentils!!!! Include lentils in your pregnancy diet and you’re adding in extra fibre, added protein and a good source of iron.
These chocolate treats are delicious and full of unexpected nutrition for pregnant women – eat them after your pregnancy exercise session for a quick boost of energy (or just because they taste good!)
300g of cooked green or black lentils
175g peanut butter
125g dried dates
100g of good quality dark chocolate, grated
1⁄2 ripe banana, mashed
1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 cup frozen raspberries
Small amount of coconut oil to grease the baking tin
- Preheat oven to 350F / 180C
- Lightly grease an 8” square baking tin with the coconut oil
- Roughly chop the dates, put them in a bowl and add boiling water so they are just covered
- Use a blender or food processor to puree the lentils
- Add the soaked dates, peanut butter, mashed banana and pulse until well mixed
- If the mixture looks too stiff, add the water from the dates until you have a nice, soft consistency
- Tip in the grated chocolate, honey and baking soda and mix well
- Pour the mixture into the baking tin
- Chop the frozen raspberries slightly and sprinkle on top
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes. Check – it should be slightly gooey in the middle
Cool, slice and eat.
You’ve got the energy! Time for a workout 🙂
Posts tagged with ‘Chocolate’
Active Pregnancy > Chocolate