Delicious sugar-free chocolate and banana cake for when you’re craving a sweet treat! Super easy and make and perfect for the whole family.
A delicious healthy pregnancy treat – this cake gets its sweetness from the bananas and a modest amount of honey.
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup natural Greek yogurt
1/3 cup honey
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 ½ cups self-raising flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup good quality dark chocolate roughly chopped
Chocolate chips for sprinkling on top (optional)
Small amount of coconut oil for greasing the baking tin
- Preheat the oven to 350º F / 180 ºC
- Use the coconut oil to grease the baking tin
- Combine the bananas, Greek yogurt, honey, vanilla, and peanut butter in a food processor (or use a large bowl and a hand blender). Blend until smooth, 1-2 minutes.
- Add the egg and mix well
- Sieve together the flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda and fold into the mixture
- Add the grated chocolate and mix well.
- Pour the cake into the prepared tin. Sprinkle addition chocolate chips on top of the cake.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes and test with a skewer. It should come out clean (although we actually like this one slightly gooey in the centre!)
Cool and eat or serve warm with an extra dollop of Greek yogurt.
You’ll go bananas for this maternity workout gear!
Staying active is good for you AND your baby. Treat yourself to supportive maternity fitwear