Want a healthy tasty way to use up left over chicken? Try this simple chicken chowder soup recipe for a tasty addition to your healthy pregnancy diet
This chunky chicken soup is a pregnancy meal in itself – filled with plenty of vegetables and with the delicious smoky flavour of the bacon, it’s a great way to serve up the leftovers from yesterday’s roast chicken dinner. Serve with a big chunk of wholemeal bread for added fibre for your pregnancy diet.
100gms of smoked streaky bacon or pancetta
A tbsp of olive oil
1 large onion, diced
1 stick of celery, chopped
1 large (or two small) potatoes, peeled and diced
1 clove of garlic, crushed
100gms of sweetcorn (tinned or frozen is fine)
100ml of single cream
800ml of chicken stock
100gms (or more) or cooked chicken roughly chopped
1 tbsp of fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Gently fry onions with the garlic in the olive oil until the onion has softened. Add the potatoes and celery and continue to fry, stirring to avoid browning the vegetables.
- Add the stock, bring to the boil and simmer until the potatoes are tender.
- Whilst they are cooking, fry the bacon until it is crisp and golden.
- Add the sweetcorn to the stock and vegetable and cook for 5-6 minutes longer.
- Add the chicken, bacon and cream and continue to simmer gently without boiling until the chicken is thoroughly heated.
- When you’re ready to serve the soup, stir in the parsley.
If you prefer a smoother soup instead of this chunkier pregnancy meal option – simply blend until you’ve reached your preferred consistency.
Style your gorgeous fit baby bump
Don’t compromise on style when you work out with your baby bump – this maternity sportswear is awesome! 😀